Taking the Test in Japan
|Test date||Location||Application period|
|Sunday, August 23, 2020||Tokyo, Osaka,Nagoya||Tuesday, June 23, 2020 to Thursday, July 23, 2020|
Test Day Schedule
Please be sure to read about the test day.
10 minuites before the start of explanation starts
Check in (Please be sure to come to the venue 10 minuits before the start of the test instruction)
0 – 20 minuits
20 – 25 minuits
25 – 35 minuits
Sound check, Confirmation of Identification
35 – 40 minuits
Pass out text books and answer sheets
40 – 85 minuits
Listening Test (100 questions 45 minuits)
85 – 135 minuite
Reading Test (100 questions 50 minuits)
Exit from test room
General Notes on Taking the Test
- Please make sure to turn off alarms and all other settings of such devices and turn off cellular phones and other electronic devices (e.g. audio player, PC, video game console, electronic dictionary, electronic organizer) in the test room.
- Smoking should be done at the designated smoking areas.(Some parts of the building in location are non-smoking, so please follow the instructions of the proctor at the testing location)
- No food or drinks allowed in the test room.
- Please make sure to bring wristwatch as there is no clock in the room during test administration.
- Entrance to the examination venue is limited to those who completed the prescribed application procedure.
- You can not postpone the exam date once you have applied.
- The following actions are prohibited at the test centers:
- If you fail to follow the directions below, engage in any of the prohibited acts, your answers will not be scored and you will be disqualified from taking the JPT Test for a certain period of time.
- All acts that can be considered photography, video recording, audio recording,and copying
- Writing outside of the designated space on answer sheets or on a test book or other materials.
- Removing a test book and/or answer sheets from the test room by any means and/or disclosure of test question contents
- Reproduction of test question content by any means in whole or in part (not limited to Japanese) in a state available for browsing or listening by the general public via Internet, TV, radio, e-mail, documents, lectures or any other possible means
- Acts of taking the test with help from others
- Taking the test in place of a registered test taker
- Offering or receiving assistance during the test
- Taking the test fraudulently and any other acts that are considered dishonest
- Acts of taking the test over the designated testing time
- Looking through test content before the test start time or answering questions after the test finishes.
- Acts of sabotage (acts of violence, damage to property…etc.,)
Responses to violations
- If you engage in any of the prohibited acts as above, or if any question arises about the validity of your answers, the following measures may be result:
- Warning from proctor dismissal from the test site during the test
- Check of belongings
- Your answers will not be scored
- Disqualification from taking test
- Cancellation of test scores
- Proctors may walk around the test room to maintain an appropriate test environment and to check if any prohibited acts occur.
Cancellation or Discontinuation of Test
We may cancel or discontinue the test if events outside are out of our control (e.g. earthquake, tsunami, other natural disasters, strike, an outbreak of infectious disease) cause difficulty in securing the test centers, blackouts or other circumstances, such as disorder related to transportation, communication, or distribution. If the exam is not carried out, we will carry forward to the next public test. Candidates who do not wish to take a take-over examination can request a full refund of the exam fee. We assume no responsibility for any inconvenience, cost (except test fee) and other personal losses incurred by test takers due to cancellation or postponement of test administration.
Test Registration Procedure
To apply for exams, a dedicated application is required. Please download the application.
- STEP 1
Download the application
- STEP 2
Create your account
- STEP 3
Select examination date and prefecture
- STEP 4
Your photo registration
（※Please see below for the details）
- STEP 5
Payment of tuition fee (convenience store settlement)
- STEP 6
The test day
※This picture will be used for the transcript.It cannot be changed after applying.
※Regarding the dress code: We recommend wearing suits or other formal attire for the photo.
※If we can not identify your picture, you will not receive your registration for JPT. We do not accept pictures that have masks or caps, images that is too small, and passport or other ID cards.
JPT my App
"JPT APP" is the official mobile app. The app offers 24/7 mobile access to register for tests, view scores, and request score certificates.
(NOTE: Product image for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary.)
If you would like to take a group examination, please contact us below.